Calf Milk Replacer 22-15
Available in a 25 lb. bag
For control of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria bovis and E. zuernii in replacement calves.
ACTIVE DRUG INGREDIENT
Lasalocid (as lasalocid sodium) 90 g/ton
Dried Whey, Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Dried Whey Product, Animal and Vegetable Fat (Preserved with BHT), Soy Protein Isolate, Isolated Wheat Protein, Dried Skimmed Milk, Lecithin, Dried Milk Protein, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Sulfate, l-Lysine, dl-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Dried Brewer’s Yeast, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Riboflavin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacinamide, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K3), Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Sodium Silico Aluminate, Polyoxyethylene Glycol (400) Mono and Dioleates, Artificial Flavor.
Hand feed at a rate of 1 mg of lasalocid per 2.2 pounds body weight per day. Thoroughly mix this milk replacer powder with warm water and feed immediately. When preparing large batches (i.e. anything other than individual calf servings) keep the mixture agitated while dispensing into individual feeding containers to prevent settling. Each pound of this milk replacer powder contains 45 mg of lasalocid; one pound of this milk replacer powder will medicate 99 pounds of body weight.
It is recommended that calves be given 2 to 3 quarts of good quality colostrum as soon as possible after birth, and another 2 to 3 quarts within the first 24 hours of life. Second milking colostrum may be fed afterwards for up to 3 days. Starting on the 4th day, feed a high quality milk replacer according to the following directions.
Into 2 quarts of warm (110oF) clean water, add 8 ounces (1 cup)* of milk replacer powder and mix thoroughly. For larger batches, mix 16 ounces of milk replacer powder per gallon of warm water.
Feed the reconstituted milk replacer at a rate of 2 quarts per 100 pounds of body weight twice daily (4 quarts per 100 pounds of bodyweight per day). Large breed calves generally require 2 to 2-1/2 quarts per feeding twice daily, while smaller breed calves may need 1-1/2 to 2 quarts twice daily.
- For best mixing results, sprinkle milk replacer powder onto water.
- Use of a wire whisk or mechanical agitation provides good mixing.
- Feed reconstituted milk replacer shortly after mixing.
- Feeding and mixing equipment should be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Clean, fresh water should be available at all times.
- Calves should have access to a quality texturized feed after 4 days of age.
- Hay should not be offered until after calves are weaned.
- Wean calves when they are consuming 1-1/2 pounds of starter feed per day for 3 consecutive days.
* The measuring cup provided in the bag holds approximately 8 ounces of milk replacer powder. For greater accuracy, a suitable scale is recommended.
|Crude Protein||Min 22%|
|Crude Fat||Min 15%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 0.15%|
|Calcium||Min 0.75% Max 1.25%|
|Vitamin A||Min 30,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D3||Min 10,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||Min 200 IU/lb|
|Lactic Acid Producing Bacteria||2 billion CFU*/lb|